Do you feel like 24 hours isn't enough time for one day? I did too. The average person spends approximately about 6 to 7 hours out of the 24 hours of the day being productive. That means 18 to 19 hours in the day wasted. I always asked myself like why am I not getting my things done. The answer was very simple. I was not managing my time well (duh!). So anyway I am going to aim to come to your rescue and give you a few tips I have learned and put into practice (it's working for me).
1) PRIORITIES: at some point you will have to decide what is important and what is not.
2) NO OVERDOING: <- this one right here is my main issue. You have to know how to be realistic, You cannot pile up everything you have to get done in one day. Learn how to estimate realistic periods of times for your certain task to be done because if you don't you are setting yourself up for known failure and that is not the goal here.
3) DIVIDE YOUR PRIORITIES: Its very important to divide your priorities. Some of the important things you need to get done will be on a daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly schedule. For example: you are out of shape and exercise is one of the things you really want to get to start doing. This is a daily or maybe weekly kind of priority. But what if you need to pay your bill? that is probably a monthly kind of priority. So yeah just divide all your priorities depending on how often you need to do them or when they are due.
4) DO NOT GET DISTRACTED: try to avoid doing things that can make you get distracted and put off your work until later such as: phone calls, texting, internet, chatting, emotional thoughts or feelings, t.v., stress or anything that gets you distracted. Distraction = Failure!
5) DAILY TASK LIST: I personally use an agenda book where I list my daily tasks or tasks i need to do daily to accomplish a monthly goal and so on. I put a time limit to everything I need to do to actually manage my time during the day. Therefore my time is planned from the minute I wake up until I go to bed. I do schedule free time and stuff I like to do but moderately. This assures me that I will get things that are necessary done but also stuff i enjoy doing at the same time.
These are the steps that can lead you to finally get everything done and waste less time! (do not forget to keep track of your accomplishments so that you can see how your productiveness is working and be happy about it) Hope it was useful :-)